Full Mouth Dental Implants Perth - All on 4 dental implants
All on 4 Perth Dental Implants
The Benefits of All-On-4 Perth Dental Implants
There are many way how all on 4 dental implants Perth are better than traditional dentures:
- Full mouth dental implants Perth anchor an arch of teeth to prevent it from moving; dentures have to be fitted and adjusted again and again.
- It uses four implants to secure one arch of teeth while traditional dentures eventually lose its fit and become more susceptible to falling
- All on Four Implants are brushed and cleaned the same way you do with natural teeth; dentures have to be taken out of the mouth for proper cleaning.
- Full arch dental implants does not add pressure to the gums because the artificial teeth are attached to the implants; dentures are fitted that eventually numbs the feeling at the gums.
- New implants immediately feels natural and restores the force of your bite up to 70%; traditional dentures report a full-mouth feeling and that it may not feel right at all that may lead to confusion and more adjustments.
A Look At An All-On-4 Dental Implants Perth Procedure
We will examine your medical history, undertake a physical examination and take x-rays. Once you have decided that this is the best option, preliminary impressions are recorded and a surgical guide is fabricated.
If needed, your implant dentist will remove any remaining teeth and place the dental implants. You can choose to remain awake or be asleep (sleep dentistry). During the same appointment, impressions and a bite record are taken to create temporary acrylic implant bridges. These can usually be fitted on the same day of your surgery.
The fixed temporary acrylic implant bridges will be fitted to your dental implants within 24 hours of your surgery. Usually, no local anaesthetic is required for this visit. You will then need to wait 2-6 months for osseointegration to take place (the implants will ‘fuse’ with your bone), and then only the dental implants will be ready for the permanent implant bridge.
Your implant dentist will check the osseointegration of your dental implants, the gums underneath your teeth and ensure that all the implants are successful. At this stage, you will be given the option to upgrade from the temporary acrylic bridge to a Zirconia - Porcelain bridge. This upgrade will provide you with more strength, greater aesthetics, improved comfort and longevity. It also has a smoother and more natural feel and easier hygiene.